Thursday, September 18, 2008

Vacation IKE

Love my kiddos!!! Madi is soooo pretty!

I will keep this photo always! He loves the outdoors!!

I seriously LOVE this man!!!

Another great picture of Brock doing what he loves!

cutie patootie!

Logan and Brock with their pop guns...
the best $9 we have spent in a while!!!

Me and Shelly... LOVE HER!
double trouble :)

yes, we are too cool!

So what do you do when the media is so DRAMATIC? You watch The Weather Channel and focus on the weather and not the drama associated with it all. We made a plan to stay put, and then my amazing husband called me at 6:30am shortly after he left for the day and said for me to pack up and go to my parents... HUH??!! So we did and were on I-10 by 9:30am! I'm a rock star packer!! We got to have the mini vacation in the Hill Country that we were unable to have this past summer... the weather was great, my parents were glad we fled and came there, BUT... the best surprise was The Faust Family arriving in the SAME town I was in!!!!! It was GREAT... we hung out and spent a day in Gruene! We met almost 2 years ago on a cruise ship and have become great friends. We knew on the cruise ship that we did not meet by accident! The kids had a GREAT time together! We missed Shawn, but we know we will all see each other again soon!
So then we return home and have no power for days and days... our great friends Kathleen & Joe took us in and fed us over and over again and let me do laundry and invade their home... great friends are heard to come by, but are a GREAT thing
to have around :) (thanks!!!)
Hope you enjoyed the pictures....until next time...

1 comment:

Shelly said...

Great memories and good times!! I am so glad that God caused our paths to cross 2 years ago on that cruise!! We had a great time with all of you in the hill country! Can't wait to see you again soon! Love you my friend! :-)